Thursday, January 24, 2008

Please tell me that we are not trapped in a 70's time warp??



Yes, those are leg warmers in the photo. Yes, they are for sale. Yes, this photo was taken in January 2008.

I do have to confess that I did not wear them the first time that they were in style.


I doubt that I'll wear them this time either. Of course, when there was no heat in my classroom today- and it was 13*F outside at 11:00am.. it might have been nice to have some legwarmers. I was wearing my knitted entrelac shawl wrapped around my shoulders securely clipped in place with a heavy duty paper clip. It didn't have the elegance of a fancy jewelry clip- but, it served its purpose just the same.

Of course, I did feel a little like someone from Little House on the Prairie. Make that the school teacher in the little one room school house on the Little House on the Prairie. Well, except for the big metal paper clip-holding my shawl in place, that is. Other than that.. I did feel like a LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE school teacher with my wool shawl wrapped around my shoulders.

Of course, this photo, of the legwarmers, was taken in Seoul, South Korea.. so, maybe they are only being sold here?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In fashion what goes around comes around... It's like a yo-yo.

They even brought back the high-waisted pants from hell and made them fashionable again.

iwouldratherbeknitting said...

Oh no.. are fringed or granny square crocheted vests next???

Unknown said...

Hrm, I never wore them the first time either... I think they are cute with tights... for aerobics work outs but if your working out right you don't need anything to keep your ankles work right? Think Jane Fonda work outs....