Sunday, August 20, 2017

Cats, more like people than I'd like to admit...














Cats are just like children sometimes…

This was a toy that my cats loved to play with when they were younger and much smaller. It had been on the sun porch aka 'kitty quarters' un played with for a year.

I removed it from the kitty quarters and I set it on the living room rug near the door, to remind me to give it to my neighbor's cat.

My neighbor had adopted the petite, now one year old, black, sweet, stray that had come into my yard in March.  I had taken the, what appeared to be a 4-5 month old, kitten to the vet to see if it had a 'chip' so that I could see if I could find her owner.   Even the vet thought that she was only 4-5 months old- based on size.

Imagine, our surprise to find out that her teeth said that she was 8 months old at the time and pregnant.   I paid for her spay and vaccines so that I could have a better chance of finding her a new home.   Other methods to find her owner had not worked out.

I'm happy to say that my neighbor adopted her and she has proven me to be right- that she is indeed a sweet, smart kitty. 

I thought that she would like to play with the unused toy. (she does)

Well, as soon as I put, the unused toy, in the living room, in a different place, from where it had been ignored for over a year… both of my cats came over to play on with it.

However, Henry got nostalgic and he also seemed so sad, when he sat on it like he used to do and he realized that he was NOW TOO BIG to make the ball go around ‘WHILE’ sitting on it like he used to when he was smaller.

I guess that cats can sometimes be just like children, when you get their old toys out, to give them away, suddenly they want to play with the outgrown toys again.


 
 
 
 

No comments: